Monday, January 4, 2010

Introducing The Blue Plum Festival Volunteer Coordinator




Blue Plum Question #1- Who are you and can you tell us a little about yourself?


My name is Jennifer Clements. I have lived in the area all of my life, except for the four years that I spent away at college in Ohio. I am a member of the Junior League of Johnson City, TN which is a nonprofit organization that focuses on women and children's issues in the area. I also enjoy doing volunteer work for my church, Munsey Memorial United Methodist Church located in downtown Johnson City, TN.


Blue Plum Question #2- How did you get involved with the Blue Plum Festival?

Munsey Memorial Methodist Church is involved with the Blue Plum Festival as the kid's area sponsor. They provide entertainment, games, and prizes for kids of all ages during the festival. I have enjoyed helping with this part of the festival over the past four years. My involvement began with the kid's area and has progressed to areas such as procuring sponsorships for the festival.


Blue Plum Question #3- How does volunteering in your community make you feel?

By getting involved with the Blue Plum Festival I have been able to meet a lot of great people and I feel like I'm now a part of something big in our community. I enjoy being a part of something that draws people to our beautiful downtown and entertains them. The Blue Plum Festival is the kickoff event for the summer and is an event that everyone wants to attend.


Blue Plum Question #4- Any final words from the Volunteer Coordinator?

This year I will be heading up "Plum Up", the Blue Plum Festival's Volunteer Campaign. This is your opportunity to become a part of our downtown organization! We are so grateful for those individuals, organizations, and companies that volunteer yearly. This year, we ask that you too become a part of this exciting opportunity and become a part of our "Plum Up Team"!




**For more information on the festival and how you can become involved please visit our official website at www.blueplum.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment