- That's right folks, the parade is back where it belongs...on Main Street! The festivities will get underway at 5:00pm with food and merchandise vendors on East Main Street.
- At 5:30pm in Fountain Square, by Freiburg's, witness the beauty and awe of the Tree Lighting Ceremony. Carolers from First Presbyterian Church will be on-hand to add even more Holiday Spirit to this event!
- Stop by and enjoy a winter wonderland in Majestic Park. At 6:00pm the Celebration Show Choir of the Tri-Cities will perform in the park gazebo. Talk about feeling festive!
- The PARADE will get underway at 6:30pm with a the route heading up State of Franklin, turning onto Buffalo, and coming straight through downtown on Main Street! Makes me smile just typing it!
- Several events will be going on downtown on December 4, 2009 including an art exhibit at Nelson Fine Art featuring the artist Sammie Nicely.
- 7:30pm (approximately) SANTA returns to the King Centre. In a nostalgic turn of events, Santa is back where he once hosted the multitudes of children (and adults). Parents make sure to bring your camera for this important photo opportunity.
Thanks to all of the merchants who will participate in decorating their store windows! This again will be another nostalgic addition to the evening. So bring your families and come downtown to Johnson City, TN to enjoy the First Friday/Christmas Festivities!